Ironman Boulder

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Trail Run 7.15.12

The plan calls for a steady 60 minute run today.  I have been going to Lake Grapevine and running the Northshore trail with Joe and the Matrix for the past few months.  The Matrix is in Australia so Joe and I ran today.  He met me at the trail head so he could get a few extra miles in from his house.  The trail runs have been a big help in the past few weeks.  I can tell it helps when I run my normal road or track runs and my times have been getting better.  We ran 30 minutes in and then 30 minutes back out.  The miles were very consistent.  We covered 4.62 miles.  Doesn't sound fast but the terrain is very difficult on that end of the trail.  I had a Honey Stinger (Chocolate) gel and a Shark Salt at the half way point.  Went through 3 of the 4 water bottles in my fuel belt.  My knees were a little fatigued at the start but I felt really good by the time we finished.  The taper week next week will help with some of my recovery.  The past two build weeks have been tough.  I drank a water bottle full of Endurox after the run and we crashed the pool at the Matrix casa since he is out of town.  The weather was really nice for July this morning.  A little humid but the temps were mid 70s.  I need to be more cognizant of my water intake each day and make sure I am getting enough hydration.  Especially this week with the race coming on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment