Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wednesday 7.18.12

Today calls for a 1600 yard swim and a 60 minute bike ride.  I was going to go the pool around 5am and go to work after the swim.  However, work called at 5am and I waited for about an hour or so before going to the pool.  Since it's a taper week, the 1600 swim workout took about 40 minutes.  Easy in and easy out.  My chest and arms were really sore today from the Monday 25 yard/push up set.  After the first few hundred yards, everything loosened up and I felt fine.  Since the swim was short, I didn't take anything with me for nutrition.  I had a blueberry muffin and water when I got home.  I will have to do my bike workout when I get home later tonight.  I am to put in moderate effort for one minute with 5 minute spacing.  The rest of the ride is to be easy effort.  The bike tonight should be the last somewhat strenuous effort.  Tomorrow is the last run before the race on Sunday.  I am toying with the idea of setting my GPS on my phone during the Waco race using an application called Glympse.  It allow real time tracking and provides a URL for following along.  I wouldn't have it in the water but it would track the bike and run.  Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment