Ironman Boulder

Friday, July 20, 2012

TriWaco Race Plan

After speaking with Jeff earlier in the week, this is the nutrition plan for the race:

1 Shark Salt early Sunday when I wake up
1 Shark Salt in T1
2 diluted bottle of Accelerade for the bike
Honey Stinger at the 20 minute and 60 minute mark on the bike
1 Shark Salt in T2
Honey Stinger every 20 minutes on the run

Race Goals:
Swim: 30 minutes-Distance is 1550 yards and I should do better than 2:00/100 splits
Bike:  1:20-I haven't had a race this year where I have been below 18mph average.  However every race is different and I don't know anything about the course.  An average of 18 would get me home in 1:20.
Run:  56 minutes-I know the run has a 250 foot climb between miles 2-4.  Conservatively, I am going to target a 9 minute pace per mile.
Transitions: 3 minutes-I don't have any idea how far it is from the Brazos river to transition so this could vary.
Overall:  Given the times above, the goal would be 2 hours, 49 minutes but I think anything under 2 hours, 45 would be pretty good.

Last year, I did my first Olympic distance at the US Open at Lake Ray Hubbard.  I finished in about 3 hours, 15 minutes so it shouldn't be hard to break a personal record.  I can't seem to post to my blog from my phone so if I decide to post a Glympse to follow my progress during the race, it will be posted to my facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment