Ironman Boulder

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thursday Tempo Run 7.19.11

Today was the dreaded Thursday Tempo Run.  I was to run an easy 4 miles.  Not bad at all today.  I knocked it out quickly and didn't have any problems.  I was able to easily pick up the pace on each mile as time went by.  I think it takes me some time to get loose due to my arthritis in the morning.  Since all of my workouts are done early, it may explain some of the slow starts I have on the runs.  Ate a Honey Stinger before I left and had a glass of water with my daily arthritis medication.  I also did a 60 minute bike ride last night.  Left at around 7:40pm and heat wasn't bad at all.  I needed to put in three moderate one minute effort with a 5 minute rest between.  I know the routes pretty well and try to time the harder efforts on flats or uphill avoiding traffic lights.  Had a Honey Stinger and a bottle of water.  Went to Richardson Bike Mart and bought a new triathlon top for the race yesterday at lunch.  My old one is looking rough.  Splits for the run today were:

Mile 1:  9:33
Mile 2:  9:21
Mile 3:  9:13
Mile 4:  9:14

No comments:

Post a Comment