Ironman Boulder

Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Swim 7.16.12

Monday is a swim day.  I rest my legs from the previous week and let me recover.  The swim plan Jeff gave me this morning is probably the toughest swim workout to date.  The warm up was 400 yards followed by some progressively longer intervals mixed with speed work.  4x (50, 75, 100, and 150 yards).  That was not out of the ordinary.  However, the ass kicker was the next set.  25 yards, get out of the pool and do a push up.  This repeated adding an extra push up until I reached 10 push ups.  The last 100 cool down was really slow.  My arms were dead.  I feel tired just trying to write.  Took a bottle of water with me but no nutrition.  Probably a mistake but we'll see how I feel later today.  Should get this weeks plan from Jeff today.  It is a taper week so the workouts are usually about half of normal going into race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment