Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday Track Run 7.17.12

Taper week for TriWaco has officially begun.  Jeff sent me the plan for this week last night.  Today was a short mileage day but fairly fast on the speed work.  Jeff called me last night and we talked about nutrition race strategy.  It's nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of.  He has been there and knows how to do this.  I'm really looking forward to the race.  I feel like it should go well.  I will post a separate posting on race strategy.  Today's nutrition consisted of a Honey Stinger gel and a bottle of water.  I took the Honey Stinger after the second 800.  I felt really good.  The first speed interval always seems to give me some issues but after that I was off and going.  Today's times per the plan were:

Warm Up Mile:  9:44
#1 800:  7:43 pace (target 7:30)
#2 800:  7:28 pace (target 7:30)
Mile:  7:49 (target 8:00)
Cool Down Mile:  9:27

No comments:

Post a Comment