Ironman Boulder

Friday, July 6, 2012

Bike/Run Brick 7.6.12

Got up early today for the bike/run brick this morning.  Plan had me doing an easy 60 minute ride followed by an easy 15 minute run.  I had either get up early or do this later tonight.  I chose this morning to give my body some time to recover before the long Saturday ride.  Started the ride at around 5:50am.  Did not push it at all really.  Only averaged a little over 15mph.  Stayed mostly in Coppell and tried to avoid the busy commuter paths.  Ride lasted 1:02.  Pulled into the garage and changed into my running shoes.  Ran for 15 minutes at an easy 9:20 pace.  All of the running this week made the run a little tougher than it needed to be but I felt fine.  Sun was coming up and you could feel the temperature start to rise.  Now I have all day to do what I want and have almost made it through a very tough build week.  Nutrition for the workout:  1 bottle of water for ride, 1 shark salt before ride, 1 Triberry GU at 32 minutes in ride, Endurox R4 after run.

No comments:

Post a Comment