Ironman Boulder

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday Run 7.8.12

Plan calls for a steady 75 minute run.  Speed is not important as most of that work was done during the week.  My legs were really dead after a long week of intense training.  I have put in almost 30 miles this week in running.  I do about 88 miles in a heavy run month so this is a little more than usual.  One of my Sunday run partners is on vacation and the other couldn't make it this morning so I was on my own.  I ran through the park to 121 and up the service road a little bit before turning around and heading home.  I covered 7.54 miles and maintained a pretty good pace until the last half mile.  It was brutal working through the end of the run and I was glad it was over.  I was a little out of sorts this morning.  I took a shark salt before I left and filled my fuel belt with water.  However, I forgot to take gels or extra shark salt with me.  This may account for my late fade.  I also had some stomach issues last night.  I don't know if I ate something that didn't agree with me or what.  Had a glass of Endurox when I got home and cooled off in the pool.  Love the pool in the summer.  Looking forward to 48 hours off the legs to be sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment