Ironman Boulder

Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Workout 7.13.12

It's my brother's birthday today, so happy birthday Russ.  Today, my plan calls for an hour swim workout and an easy 45 minute bike ride.  I will do the bike later but I don't anticipate anything special to report on a ride to just get the legs moving.  The swim today had alot of speed intervals.  I actually started to get cramps in my calf and the side of my ankle in the last 500-600 yards.  It started when pushing off the wall.  Very weird.  I have never had a cramp there before.  I'm not sure if I was down on my nutrition or not.  I typically do not eat before going.  I was out of gel so I only took a bottle of water.  The swim was 2650 yards in length and I finished in pretty close to one hour.  Back in December, I wrote down some training goals.  I started doing the triathlon training in early February of 2011.  In 2011, I swam 85,111 yards and I set a goal in 2012 of 144,00 yards (82 miles).  Today, I went over the 144,000 yard mark on July 13.  I am going to reset the objective to 262,500 yards (150 miles) for the year.  I will probably slow some on the swimming at the end of the year.  Who knows?  I am fairly close to eclipsing the running goal for 2012 as well.  More on that as the mileage gets closer.  This should be the last build week before TriWaco on July 22.  My taper will probably start on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment