Ironman Boulder

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday Bike 7.14.12

Woke up this morning at about 5:15am.  Headed out with my neighbor Justin at about 5:50.  We picked his friend Joel on the way out.  I was to do no more than 2 hours and go hard when I was feeling it.  We went out to Lake Grapevine and rode over the dam to the south side of the lake.  I am feeling pretty good right now.  I'm not sure why after the past few weeks of heavy work but slowly I am starting to feel very strong.  I really wasn't tired at all on the ride.  I used new gels today.  I went to REI and picked up some Honey Stinger gels.  They are not quite as sweet as the GU gels and taste great.  My stomach is tolerating them well so far.  Drank one bottle of water and one bottle of Accelerade this morning.  I forgot my Shark salt this morning.  It was cool enough and I don't think they were required.  I probably need to get my body used to taking the supplements in.  I did drink a cup of Endurox when I got back home.  It was great to ride with a few people today.  It always passes the time and is just more fun to have someone with you.  Tomorrow I am running with Joe on the Northshore trail.  Our other Sunday running partner, Rich (aka Matrix) is running through the streets of Sydney, Australia this week.  I am really looking forward to TriWaco next weekend.  I think it's going to go pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment