Ironman Boulder

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Trail Run 7.1.12

Today, I went for a trail run on the northshore trail with two friends, Joe and Rich.  The northshore trail is very technical with a lot of ups and downs to traverse.  I believe this has improved my running and fitness quite a bit over the past few months.  We usually leave from Joe's house which is about a mile from the trail head at the western edge of the trail.  I felt really good today.  No problems with the groin from the tweak I felt yesterday on the bike.  Probably should have had one more gel with me.  Had a bottle of my Endurox R4 when I finished and we jumped in Rich's pool.  Felt great.  We ran for about 1:27 which is about 17 minutes more than the plan for today but I think thats ok.  I will wait for my plan from Jeff for the week.  It is another build week coming so I hope the extra run time today doesn't come back to bite me later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment