Ironman Boulder

Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Swim 7.20.12

Plan called for a 1250 yard swim.  It was quick and only took about 30 minutes to complete.  Two of the intervals were 5x100 on 2:10 and 5x50 on 1:05.  I was clicking off the 100s consistently at 1:45 so I was getting :25 rest between reps.  I was finishing the 50s consistently at :50 so I had about :15 rest between reps.  Pretty good and I didn't feel tired or really winded between reps.  I am at the point where I can judge speed based on drag through the water.  When I dial up the speed you can feel the turbulance of the water around you and it feels like you are getting sucked through a tube.  Kind of cool.  Have a short bike ride tonight and another in the morning before leaving for Waco.  I am going to try and get a very good night of sleep tonight and start drinking water all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment