Ironman Boulder

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thursday Tempo Run 7.12.12

Thursday is always the day for my Tempo run.  I am usually running a fairly consistent pace, although sometimes it varies.  Today, the plan called for a consistent 5 mile run.  With the speed work on Tuesday's, my Thursday runs are usually a little painful.  Today, the run was easy and I felt very strong.  On the last few miles, I had to hold back some as my pace was in the high 8s.  I don't know why things went well today.  One of the mysteries of Triathlon training, some days you have it and others you don't.  Took my fuel belt and a GU gel with me.  I am out of GU and need to make a run to the store today.  No training until tomorrow so I can do it later today.  Miles broke down as follows:
Mile 1:  9:45
Mile 2:  9:24
Mile 3:  9:26
Mile 4:  9:18
Mile 5:  9:27

No comments:

Post a Comment