Ironman Boulder

Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Swim 7.9.12

Today is a rest day for the legs.  I usually only do a swim on Monday's.  I got up this morning, grabbed a bottle of water and headed to the Aquatic Center.  Workout was 2200 yards.  A new drill was in the works today.  The 6/3/6 drill.  I forgot to ask Jeff what this was but I did find a one minute instructional on youtube.  Basically, its 6 kicks on your side/3 stroke/6 kicks on the other side and repeat.  Very strange feeling at first but I got the hang of it after awhile.  Still feeling a little tired from the last week but easily managed the workout and times were good.  Drank the bottle poolside during rest periods.  Forgot to take a gel with me but it wasn't a problem.  Sent Jeff my workout notes and I should get this weeks plan this afternoon.  He said we are changing things up slightly based on last week.  We'll see what he comes up with.  This is the last build week before the Waco Olympic on 7/22.  I should move to taper mode after the weekend.  Haven't pulled the triger on the actual Austin 70.3 registration, but I am close to making the commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment