Ironman Boulder

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Saturday Bike 7.7.12

Plan called for 2-3 hours on the bike today concentrating on regular fueling.  I left at 7am and the weather was a little overcast with very little wind.  The temperatures were very nice for July.  I loaded a bottle of water and a bottle of Accelerade.  I also took Triberry gels for every 30 minutes and a Stinger honey waffle.  Ride started out pretty well.  About an hour and a half in, the pain in my upper thigh kicked in again.  It wasn't as bad as last week but it did resurface again.  I maintained the 30 minute gel intake.  90 minutes in, I stopped and ate the waffle.  A family was on the side of the road in Argyle today with water and gatorade for anyone who wanted some.  I will need to put them on my regular route.  It was very nice of them to hand out water as I was almost empty.  I also took a shark salt before I started and at the 45 minute, 90 minute, and the 135 minute mark.  This has been a very tough week of training and I lost some energy at about the 2 hour mark.  I made it through ok, just not at the pace I would have liked.  I averaged about 16.3mph today.

No comments:

Post a Comment