Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

4.30.13 Texas Tri Series -Track Run

I signed up for a race series called the Texas Tri Series.  It's comprised of 6 races over the next five months.  They start short and end with a half iron distance race is Kerrville.  Not many people from Dallas do the series because all of the races are in the Austin area.  The times are cummulative across all of the races.  I wanted to do this last year but the stars did not align with my schedule.  The first race, Rookie Triathlon, is Sunday in Austin at Walter Long Lake.  It's the same location as Ironman Austin so I am familiar with the area.  I am looking forward to it.  One of the races is two weeks after Ironman Buffalo Springs in July.  That is the one race that worries me.  I hope to be somewhat recovered from Lubbock.

Jeff front loaded my schedule this week and I had the usual track workout today.  Short run but high intensity today.  The run was a warm up mile, 3x (1 mile at 90% effort with 2-3 minute recovery), cool down mile.  My fast miles were 7:21, 6:59, and 7:07.  I have no explanation for the 7:21.  I am usually slow to warm and that may be it.  My legs were a little tired today as well.  I went longer than plan on Sunday and could feel it this morning.  That may have been part of the slow start as well.  I did swim yesterday and came up 400 yards short of 30k yards for the month.  Since this is the end of the month, the totals are Swim: 29,600 yards, Bike: 310 miles, Run: 78 miles.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/305569048

No comments:

Post a Comment