Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

4.3.13 Swim and Bike

It's a cold, rainy day in Dallas, Texas today.  Started this morning with a 2500 yard swim in the pool.  Jeff has been giving me some tough swims lately.  I am really concentrating on form and maintaining speed throughout each set.  I hope the improvement will start becoming more visible.  I started a little late today and was able to get out of the pool just before the Dallas Athletes invaded for their swim.  Nice people and I wanted to give them some room to work.  Given the rain all day I had to ride the bike on the trainer in the living room.  The Wednesday bike workouts are actually easier on the trainer but more boring.  Easier because the plan I am given is much easier to execute.  For example, tonight was 15 minute warmup, 4x(4 minutes moderate effort/1 minute hard effort/5 minute recovery), 20 minutes (4 five minute segments with increasing effort), 15 minute cool down.  When your on the road, executing this plan can be difficult at times.  In my living room, I am watching a clock and just dial it up when the plan calls for it.  I would still rather be outside.  On a completely unrelated note, my Dallas Stars have completely trashed our team and traded everyone away.  I have decided to dump my season tickets with them.  It is a little hard to take.  They seem rudderless.

No comments:

Post a Comment