Ironman Boulder

Thursday, April 25, 2013

4.25.13 Tempo Run

The Thursday run.  This used to be most dreaded workout of the week but it really hasn't been bad at all this year.  Seems like some of the workouts I'm getting from Jeff are longer and in the mid level HR Zone.  It was a little cold this morning so I decided to give the weather the middle finger and would run when I got home from work.  My own personal protest against the winter that will not end.  This evening consisted of a warm up mile, 4 miles at half marathon pace in Zone 3 with 30 second faster bursts during each mile, and a cool down mile.  I used my usual 6 mile route.  I felt pretty good today and the 70 degree temps are much more agreeable with my joints.  Yesterday's bike ride was on the trainer.  70 minutes of exciting trainer riding.  I got home late and didn't have a chance to get out on the road.  All good.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/303313965

No comments:

Post a Comment