Ironman Boulder

Sunday, April 7, 2013

4.7.13 Northshore Trail Run

Good to be back at the trail today.  My legs are much appreciative of the break in the rainy weather.  Rich had to go to India this week for business so it's just me and Joe today.  I forgot my phone today.  I was hoping for some pictures on the new trail.  They have opened a new section of trail and it is pretty nice.  Not as many rock walls to scale and less rocks to run on.  Those little sharp rocks are hell on the bottom of your feet.  I brought out my shoes that I wore at Grasslands.  I wasn't sure if they were completely trashed or not but they did well so they are still in the rotation.  Most of the mud was knocked off from the run today.  My chair at the turnaround is halfway under water and about 15 feet from shore.  We are supposed to have severe rain on Tuesday so I think my chair may be closed to going under soon.  The lake as a whole is still 6 feet under normal.  We were pretty consistently knocking out 11 minute miles today which is good for that end of the trail.  I was worried about my legs after a hard workout on the bike yesterday but I felt really good again today.  Never really got too winded out there.  I definitely could have pushed the pace some but my instructions were 90 minutes of steady run without any hard efforts.  All of the trees have leaves now and the whole trail looks great right now.  No cobwebs to deal with either.  In about a month, we should be swimming in Rich's pool for our cool down.  My coach Jeff was in Galveston running the Ironman Texas 70.3 and qualified for the National Championships in Las Vegas.  He was really fast today.  Next week, I'm getting a VO2 max metabolic test. That should be interesting.  I think Joe is coming with me too.  Good day today.  Running in shorts and tech shirt again.  Thank god for that.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/294785097

No comments:

Post a Comment