Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

4.23.13 Track Running and My Kick Ass Go Pro Camera

Man, I forgot to post yesterday.  It was a light day after the race and Monday is a swim day.  Jeff gave me the option of taking the day off but I decided to go ahead and swim.  I wasn't really sore or too tired after the race.  It was only a Sprint and I think the Sunday trail runs are harder than a short race.  I bought a Go Pro camera on Saturday afternoon and I decided to use it at the pool on Monday.  I am still trying to figure it out but it is very cool.  I put it on time lapse and here are a few shots that I got:




Today was a my track running day.  I arrived at the track a little before six and the Dallas Athletes were finishing up.  The run was a warm up mile, 4x (1200: 400 in HR Zone 3, 400 in HR Zone 4, 400 3-5 seconds faster), and a cool down mile.  I forgot to start my watch for the warm up mile until the last corner so I only had the 150 yards or so of the first mile.  My heart rate was a little easier to manage today.  I put some vaseline on the connectors and that seemed to help.  I had a little problem getting into zone 2 for the cool down mile.  In fact, I ran an extra cool down mile since I didn't track the first one so I actually ran about 6.3 miles today.  I think my lower zones are just too low.  I will give it some more time but I may need some minor recalibration.  Jeff wants me in a more fat burning mode for some of these workouts instead of carb burning.  We didn't do that today but some of the longer workouts will go into that mode.  There was a bunch of trash laying around this morning at the track so I spent about 10 minutes picking up wrappers and water bottles.  It would be a shame to lose track privileges because some people can't walk a few steps to the trash can.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/302131724

No comments:

Post a Comment