Ironman Boulder

Saturday, April 27, 2013

4.27.13 Bike



The weather is really nice today so there was no need to get up early.  I took advantage of the day and slept until I woke up which was around 8:30.  I decided to hook up my Go Pro camera to my bike and that took some time to figure out.  I found out the battery only lasts around an hour today so I didn't get to use it when I made it out to the country.  Bummer.  I was supposed to ride slow and easy today.  The wind was blowing from the NW at around 14 mph.  I tried to keep my heart rate down and not push the pace but a stiff wind makes it tough.  After the turnaround in Argyle, the wind was at my back and is was easy to lay down 20 mph miles.  The ride back was obviously much more enjoyable.  I saw Jeff going the other direction in Flower Mound and said hi to him on the way by.  Other than that, I really didn't see too many people I recognized.  Just the normal cows, horses, and goats that are usually at the fences when I roll by.  I covered 57.66 miles in 3:40:00 today.  Not terribly fast but that wasn't the objective today.  Wichita Trail was closed today when I got there today.  They were pouring concrete.  I ran into this guy.  I'm not in trouble.  He was directing traffic and had no idea he made my blog today.


For nutrition today I had a Honey Stinger protein bar on the way out.  My gels were a Clif Chocalate Raspberry, 2 Honey Stinger Fruit Smoothie, 2 Honey Stinger Pomegranate, and a 1 Honey Stinger Gold.  I also had a chocolate Honey Stinger Waffle and munched on some orange Honey Stinger chews.  Two bottles of orange flavored Accelerade and one refill of water.  I felt pretty good today.  No issues.


No comments:

Post a Comment