Ironman Boulder

Thursday, April 18, 2013

4.18.13 Taper Run

I woke up this morning around 5am to the sound of thunder and lightning.  I took a look outside and it was raining.  I only had a 4 mile run planned so I tried to give it another hour and see if it moved along.  No good as it rained most of the morning.  It really cooled off as well.  It was back to the 40s this morning after the front came through.  I decided to run this evening.  My race shoes from last year are fried.  I had a pair of K-Swiss shoes for running the shorter sprints and olympic races.  They have officially had it.  Packet pickup for the Caveman race was over in Colleyville tonight.  I wanted to go by Luke's Locker over there to look at shoes and then go get my packet if time allowed.  I ended staying at Luke's until they closed so I missed the pick up.  I'll go to the Trishop on Saturday.  No big deal.  I tried a bunch of different shoes.  The sales guy referred to my Asics Cumulus 14s as bricks.  I didn't think they were that heavy.  I settled on the Brooks Pure Cadence 2.  I should be able to run everything from the Caveman to Buffalo Springs in them.  They are noticably lighter than my Asics and have quite a bit of cushion in them.


When I got home, I put these bad boys on and knocked out my 4 mile run.  It took about 35 minutes and I had a chance to see how they would feel before the race on Sunday.  I think they are going to be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment