Ironman Boulder

Friday, April 26, 2013

4.26.13 Swim/Bike Ironman Buffalo Springs Registration

It's another double today.  I swam this morning at the CARC.  Friday's are usually pretty empty but today was really busy.  I had to share a lane for the last 500 yards of my workout with an asian guy I have dubbed Mothball Man.  The dude literally smells like he sleeps in a bed of mothballs.  Unfortunately, the water does not seem to dampen that ripe mothball smell.  Strange.  It was 2300 yards this morning and took about 57 minutes to cover the distance.  Started with a descending ladder where the last 100 used the kickboard for each set.  Some speed work in there as well.  I feel pretty good about my swim right now.  I will hit almost 30k yards this month on Monday.  Tonight, I planned on riding my bike easy for an hour.  I got home a little late from work and decided to eat dinner with my wife and then hop on the trainer for an hour.  I kept a steady, easy pace for an hour.  Storms are going to be in the area tomorrow so I'm hoping for a rain free 4 hour window in the morning.

In other news, I hit the register button on computer screen and I am committed to Ironman Buffalo Springs on June 30.  I sent Jeff an email and let him know.  He's from Lubbock and does that race every year so he was excited for me.  Seems like every race I have done lately has been cold, I don't think form will hold in Lubbock at the end of June.  This is supposed to be one of the toughest 70.3 races you can enter.  I'm a little nervous about it but I'm sure it will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment