Ironman Boulder

Friday, April 19, 2013

4.19.13 Swim Bike

Had a taper swim this morning.  I picked the shortest of the workouts Jeff gave me this week, 1700 yards.  I was only suppposed to go 30 minutes but I did the entire workout and it took 45 minutes.  I'm not overly concerned with an extra 15 minutes.  500 of the yards were with the kickboard this morning.  My swim and pull felt really good.  I'm not sure how the swim will go on Sunday.  It's only 275 meters but the chaos in the pool was really something last year.  They number you by your submitted swim time.  There are many in the field that have never done a triathlon and don't know their time so you get alot of rope hangers and slow swimmers.  I fudged mine by about 15 seconds to get closer to the front.  The other bad thing about Caveman is after about 20 swimmers, they do not enforce the numbering policy.  More chaos ensues as people who clearly know they are slow jump in line and go.  Maybe it will be better this year.  I get my packet tomorrow and will know my number then.  I am supposed to ride the bike this evening for an easy 60 minutes.  I will have to see if I have time for that when I get home.  Nice morning for a swim and I feel ready.

2 comments:

  1. Even if you're not a morning person, getting your beginner triathlon training workout in before the day gets busy will ensure that you get it done. Not only will your training be complete by the time you'd normally wake up, but by starting your day off with exercise, you'll make healthier food choices and you'll feel more energized.

    triathlon training for beginners

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Most of my training is done in the morning. On days where I have two workouts, I do one in the morning and one after work.

    ReplyDelete