Ironman Boulder

Friday, April 12, 2013

4.12.13 Swim

My primary workout today was the swim at the CARC.  I woke up at 3:40am again last night.  Seems to be a recurring theme that I wake up between 3:40 and 3:50 every morning.  I don't have an explanation for that and don't know what it means.  Went back to sleep and overslept a little.  Damn Rangers on the west coast keeps me up a little longer than I need to be.  I didn't leave the house until about 6:50am and didn't get in the pool until around 7:10.  My workout was supposed to cover 2450 yards but I knew this was not in the cards today.  Almost 2500 yards is at least an hour at minimum.  I stayed with the plan until I ran out of time.  I ended up skipping out on the last 250 yards shortening the workout to 2200 yards which will have to do for today.  I also shortened the rest between sets.  Jeff may not be happy but I needed to get as much work in as possible.  My little stitch in my side did not recur today for whatever reason so maybe that was just a weird anomoly.  Pool was full today (all the lanes) and I had to share a lane for the last 1000 or so.  Everyone deserves to swim but it really jacks with my counting.  I use one side of the lane for the odd 50s and the other side for the evens.  It helps my keep track of how far when I drift off and daydream about other stuff.  When I'm stuck on one side, I have to really pay attention.  Anyone who lap swims knows paying attention to the task at hand is not the easiest thing in the world.  Oh well, this should be my strongest month to date in the water this year.  I should be cranking out some bigger totals in the water.  I am getting the metabolic VO2 max test tomorrow on my bike.  I am very interested in the results.  I have no idea how well my body works from a efficiency perspective.  This should be cool.  The Caveman tri is next weekend.  Hoping to finish in the top 10 for my age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment