Ironman Boulder

Sunday, April 28, 2013

4.28.13 Trail Run Northshore Trail


My trail guys I usually run with were recuperating from the Possum Kingdom race they did yesterday so I was on my own today.  Always dicey, since I seem to fall alot on the trail at Northshore.  I started at the trailhead today and needed 90 minutes.  Jeff's plan said to take it easy and try to stay in HR zone 2.  The only way that was going to happen was if I walked.  I ended up going long for 1 hour and 52 minutes covering 9.6 miles.  That trail is hard work so I decided to run easier than usual.  Most of my miles were between 11:30 to 12:30.  I ran to the chair and my time was short so I decided to run to the MADD shelter and see where I was at that point.  If I was running long, I could always walk it in from the park road.  The weather was great, mid 60s and a litte breeze.  I almost went down once but saved it today.  I loaded my water bottles with Accelerade to get some extra calories in since the weather is warming up.  Potassium pill before I left and a Shark Salt before the run and at the half way point.



Here is the MADD shelter with a map of the trail:


I heard a guy on a plane one day complaining about why he hated Dallas because it's flat and we don't have trees.  This ain't Colorado but it's not West Texas either.  I see trees and some hills.




No comments:

Post a Comment