Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

4.10.13 Bike and Swim

It's the Wednesday double today.  We had storms last night and this morning.  My pool will close if there are lightning strikes as a part of the thunderstorm.  Since it was supposed to clear out in the afternoon, I decided to switch workouts and ride the trainer this morning and swim tonight.  I still don't like the trainer but it is easier for the workouts Jeff gives me on Wednesdays.  Combinations of speeds for consistent intervals work better on the trainer.  I was supposed to go 90 minutes but ended up trimming a few minutes off both ends and going 80.  The hard work was logged so it was a good workout.  Tonight, I went the CARC for a swim.  I got there a few minutes late.  I only had 8pm to 9pm to work with.  I developed some pain in my right side on Monday.  It's kind of like a stitch you get at times when you run.  Strange but it was still there today.  It only hurts when I inhale.  The workout was alot of kickboard work and I rushed through a lot of it in order to fit it all in.  I ran it up to the last moment and was the last one out of the pool.  Tomorrow is a run day and it is supposed to be in the 30s in the morning.  If it is that cold in the morning, I'll probably run in the afternoon.  I've had it with the cold weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment