Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

4.24.13 Swim Bike Double


I'm not sure how this is going to come out on the blog page but the image above is from the race this weekend.  The yellow highlight is my bike split.  The race officials updated the distance and my official bike splite is 20mph.  Seems like a ghost I have been chasing for months.  I'm very happy to see it in the actual results.

This morning is my swim workout.  I am going to be close to 30k yards this month but will probably finish a few hundred short.  Today's workout was 2100 yards.  I felt a little tired to start.  I stayed up late watching the Stars blow a one goal lead with 6 minutes left.  I should have cared less and went to bed.  After the 400 warm up, I was in the groove and felt good.  I finished in 50 minutes or less and felt pretty quick today in the water.  Ate a honey stinger protein bar when I got out of the water.  I love those things.  It was cold this morning, around 40 degrees so I'm not sure about the bike workout tonight.  Should I ride the trainer again or head outside.  I'll wait to see how warm it gets this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment