Ironman Boulder

Thursday, April 11, 2013

4.11.13 Tempo Run

We had a cold front come through last night and it was in the 30s this morning.  It was going to warm up to the 60s this afternoon so I decided to blow off the morning run and wait until after work.  Strange how some days in the 60s seem really warm and others seem cold.  This was a cold feeling 60.  Anyway, the tempo run was 6 miles.  One warm up mile, 2x (1 half marathon pace mile, 1 10k pace mile), and a cool down mile.  I took my usual 6 mile route through Coppell.  It usually puts me around 6.1 miles.  I was able to get done before it got dark tonight.  Good to see the sun making an appearance later in the day.  My times were ok.  I felt really good towards the end again and a little rough to start.  My miles in order were 9:15, 8:43, 8:27, 8:39, 8:07, 8:28.  I really hope this is the end of the winter weather for good now.  We are in the second week of April for god's sake.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/296623820

No comments:

Post a Comment