Ironman Boulder

Sunday, April 14, 2013

4.14.13 Trail Run

We met this morning at Joe's house at 8am.  Rich is back from India as of Friday so he was with us.  Joe's neighbor, Fred, joined us today as well.  My plan was for 90 minutes and Joe needed about 9 miles so we decided to do the 9.  Rich did 24 miles yesterday on the trail after being in India for a week so he wasn't feeling great today.

From left to right:  Fred, Joe and Rich

I have felt really good the last few weekends.  Today was no different.  After the first few miles, I am getting into a groove and feel really good.  We were running close to 11:15 miles for most of the trail which is pretty good for that end of the trail.  I felt pretty good at the end and picked up the pace slightly.  It didn't seem hard to move a little faster.  The weather was perfect in the high 60s.  Cob webs are back and that sucks.  I had to pick up a stick and be the torch man for the first half of the run.  Don't know where all the bikes and runners were this morning.  Usually, we have help clearing the cob webs.  When we got to the turnaround, we checked out the chair in the lake.  It's up to the seat now.  If we don't get some good rain in the next 6 weeks, the lake is going to be in seriously bad shape mid summer.  My picture did not come out at all.  I want to compare where the lake was to where it is now.  Anyway, I took a loaded fuel belt with water and gels every 30 minutes.  Seemed to be perfect.  I borrowed a salt tab from Joe at 45 minutes.  Before we left, I took a potassium pill and a shark salt.  Breakfast was a honey stinger protein bar.  Those things rock.  The Caveman Sprint is next weekend.  I hope to continue the nice run I'm on and finish well.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/297858406

No comments:

Post a Comment