Ironman Boulder

Monday, June 9, 2014

6.8.14 Long Run

Sunday is my long run.  I did not have the Goat Trail crew to run with.  I was out late on Saturday night and got a late start.  Ended up leaving the house around 9am.  It was raining which came as a surprise.  The humidity was going to make a guest appearance for the run along with a little heat mixed in.  I decided to load all four of my bottles on my fuel belt with Skratch and took three gels with me for the two hour run.  I ran down Andy Brown trail to the other side of town, then under 121 and out Lakside Parkway until I reached 6 miles making the round trip 12.  I did not feel great at all.  The miles were clicking off at just over 10 minute pace.  I really didn't want to push it either.  The last four or so were tough but I managed a rhythm and ran the entire way without walking.  The only exception was on the half hour when I would eat a gel.  The rain was coming down lightly for the first 45 minutes and then it went away.  I really was hoping for a downpour on the return but it never happened.  Good to know I could fight through a tough run but it was not comfortable.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/516414762

No comments:

Post a Comment