Ironman Boulder

Thursday, June 12, 2014

6.12.14 Tempo Run

Well, the race is 52 days away.  This is the second week of a big build week.  It seems like its starting to take a toll on my body now.  Jeff's plan was for 9 miles today.  2 mile warm up, 6 miles at half marathon pace, 1 mile cool down.  I decided to just run the 9 miles and to hell with how fast the miles were.  It was raining this morning lightly.  High humidity, of course, but it wouldn't really rain.  I really hoped for some sort of downpour to cool me off.  Instead, it was an oppressive thick air that is just hard to work with.  Loaded fuel belt with water and a couple of gels.  Walked briefly to eat one gel.  I did so on a downhill instead of waiting for an uphill.  Nice job on my part.  What was I thinking.  Managed to time my loop out to make the full nine miles.  Most were in the 10 minute mile range.  Mentally feel ok and am starting to come to grips with the possibility of finishing.  Still some uncertainty but I think there is a fighting chance now.  Some of the bad days make me wonder.  Jeff says not to worry about how I feel now.  It's hard not to.  I have everything booked so it's on whether I want to or not.  It's going to happen.

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/519114129

No comments:

Post a Comment