Ironman Boulder

Thursday, June 26, 2014

6.26.14 Swim/Bike

More rain.  It must be monsoon season.  I have never seen this much rain in June.  The Coppell aquatic center closed for the morning due to thunderstorms.  I could have slept in but no.  I ended up skipping lunch and swimming instead.  The rain gave way a lunch time and I managed to get the full 3600 yard workout in.  I did the kick board stuff sets with fins to speed the workout along.  I read an article by Andy Potts about swim technique and it has helped alot.  Maybe as much as 5 seconds per 100.  You never know when you'll get a helpful hint.  My body is adjusting to the longer swims and I'm not cramping in my feet and calves anymore.  That's good.  It rained all afternoon.  Big shock there.  When I arrived home after work, I checked the weather radar to see if I was riding on the trainer or getting outside.  Things looked promising for riding outside so I changed into my riding stuff and headed out.  I stayed in Coppell and mostly neighborhoods in case the rain came back.  This time of year, the rain can come out of nowhere and it can get bad.  I managed to work in a little more than 90 minutes.  No rain but it was humid as all hell again.

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/528644806

No comments:

Post a Comment