Ironman Boulder

Sunday, June 15, 2014

6.13.14 Swim

It was supposed to be a double with a short recovery bike ride.  I skipped the bike.  100 miles tomorrow and figured the rest would be better than a 30 minute ride.  Thursday evening I went to the bike shop and they refit me.  We made some changes with the seat and aero bars.  I'm a little more stretched out and it felt better on the bike for a few minutes.  I also am going to demo a new seat tomorrow.  I'm hoping to be more comfortable.  The nose on my current seat is not terrible but it the chaffing is problematic after 75-80 miles.  My swim was 3350 yards this morning.  I felt a little better today.  400-500 yard of kickboard so it took the full hour and a half to get through the workout.  No ill effects and my shoulders were not sore throughout the day.  I need to get some open water swimming over the next 50 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment