Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

6.24.14 Tempo Run

It's the start of my last build cycle prior to Boulder.  The first workout of the week was a 8 mile tempo run instead of the normal speed work at the track.  2 mile warm up, 5 miles at 8:50-9:00 pace and 1 cool down mile.  When I started, fatigue seemed to be a problem and I really didn't think I would be able to sustain the pace for the 5 mile set.  Most of those miles would be run in the hills of south Coppell.  Nothing crazy but tough enough to make the pace less attainable.  Once I ran the first sub 9 minute mile, I got in a groove and it became easier.  I was feeling good by the time I finished.  The damn humidity is ridiculous and we had more rain today.  I was soaking wet again after the run.  Boulder is supposed to be dry from a humidity stand point.  Maybe the work in the humidity will help off set the altitude.

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/527603698

No comments:

Post a Comment