Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

6.10.14 Track Speed Work

Yesterday was a rest day and I needed it.  I felt beat up from the 100 mile ride and the two run on Sunday.  This morning I went to the track in Lewisville.  I got there at the same time Shelby showed up.  I did the one mile warm up with him and then started my track workout.  It was a fairly simple ladder today to be run at 5k pace.  For me, that usually means mid 7 pace but my times were a little slow today.  I haven't been doing as much speed work and mainly focusing on endurance.  Workout was a mile warm up, 800/1200/1600/1200/800 with 400 recoveries in between and a mile cool down.  Altogether, this ended up being a little over 7 miles.  I think there was one interval over 8 minutes but the rest were under 8 minute pace.  I kept it comfortably fast.  I walked over to the new natatorium built next to the track.  It is very nice in there.  Several lanes of 50 meter length pool, 25 meter pool, and a separate diving area.  It costs $3 to get in and they aren't open to the public in the mornings.  Bummer.  They are open from 7:30pm-900pm.  I don't know if that will ever work out but it would be nice to do a few workouts there.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/517838319

No comments:

Post a Comment