Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

6.18.14 Swim/Bike

This morning I had a 3500 yard swim.  Really tough workout today.  At the end, I did 12 down and outs.  Basically, swimming a length and then getting completely out of the pool, getting back in and swimming another length.  At the end of the workout, this was tough.  Lots of kick board work as well.  Tonight, I rode the bike.  I met Shelby's group at the CAC at 6:30.  It was windy this evening and hot.  The weather was fine when we left and I intended to go about 30 miles tonight.  Once we were 11 miles in you could see the storm building around us.  We decided to work our way back to the CAC.  With 4 miles to go, the thunderstorm hit.  I could see the rain working its way towards me.  It was coming down hard.  The rain lasted about 10-15 minutes and then passed.  I was soaked.  When I got back to the CAC, I just packed it in and went home.  The winds were at least 20mph or more right in my face for the return.  Miserable ride for last 20-30 minutes.

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/523693944

No comments:

Post a Comment