Ironman Boulder

Thursday, June 26, 2014

6.26.15 Tempo Run

It was overcast this morning but no rain for the first morning since Saturday.  Still very humid.  My plan was almost the same as Tuesday with an extra mile chucked in for good measure (9 miles total).  2 mile warm up, 3 miles at 8:50-9:00 pace, 1 mile recovery, 2 miles at 8:50-9:00 pace, 1 mile cool down.  I ran a very similar route to Tuesday meaning some hills would come into play on my faster miles.  My iPod was charged this morning.  Having music helps with run cadence for me.  My knees are a little tender and I didn't feel great for the warm up, although none of the slow miles were over 10:00 pace.  My first three fast miles were 9:01, 8:46, and 9:05.  Fairly close to target but I was pissed at being outside the range.  Walked some of mile 6 while I ate a Cherry Lime GU.  The last two fast miles were downhill for the most part and my pace was good.  8:42 and 8:34, plus I felt really good.  Took it easy for the last mile and to my surprise finished the last mile at 9:35 pace.  Tapped out after I stopped and was completely soaking wet again.  84 minutes running in 90% humidity will do that to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment