Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

6.22.14 Sunday Run

Things fell apart quickly for my run with the trail crew.  Joe has a bad ankle and Rich needed to run very early due to a family commitment.  I was feeling tired and didn't feel like getting up early so I decided to sleep in a little bit.  When I woke up, I had a text from Rich about Northshore Trail being closed due to a missing mountain biker.  The Army Corps of Engineers and the FloMo Police closed off the trail head and were performing a search.  I looked outside at about 7am and it was raining.  Checked the weather and a big storm cell looked like it was bearing down on Coppell so I went back to bed and slept for another hour.  My wife asked me when I was going to run.  I told her I was hoping for a break in the rain.  She made a solid point that if I didn't get out there soon, it would get hot and the humidity would really be bad.  She was right so I got ready and left.  It was a steady rain for the entire run.  Not real heavy but it was steady.  The rain should have made the run a little more enjoyable but not so much.  For some reason, the rain made is seem a little more sauna like.  I still deployed the pouring water on my head and face to stay cool.  As a recovery week, I only ran about 9 miles.  Slow and steady.

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/526200862

No comments:

Post a Comment