Ironman Boulder

Saturday, June 21, 2014

6.21.14 Bike

I met Jeff and Doug at the Coppell Aquatic Center this morning at 6:00am.  We rode to the FloMo CAC and picked up Shelby and Ralph.  My goal was 75 miles.  Any ride with Doug and Jeff is going to be fast.  I just try not to bog things down.  We rode south to the ball park and the death star.  Shelby and Doug broke off in Grapevine for some extra miles.  I had no intention of adding on more than my 75.  Nutrition and hydration was right on again today.  I only lost about a pound again.  I think this bike leg nutrition is fairly well defined for Boulder.  I ate another peanut butter and honey sandwich at the ball park.  My stomach seems to be tolerating it well.  Went through three bottles of Skratch Labs and another bottle of Accelerade.  The next three weeks will be heavy build weeks before the taper to Boulder.  It's close when the weather for the race shows up on my weather app on my phone.  45 days out and it is supposed to 91/59 and sunny.  Sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment