Ironman Boulder

Saturday, June 8, 2013

6.8.13 Bike

I sent Jeff an email yesterday and asked him if he was going to get a group together and ride today.  He said he wasn't but I could ride with him out to Keller and back.  I was supposed to do 4-5 hours today and I haven't really spent much time going out that direction so I decided to go with Jeff.  I hoped I could hang in there with him today.  I was going to meet him at 6:30 at the park.  We were going to do a quick 30 minute warm up and then head out with the DA group.  I ran into Jeff at the intersection of Samuel and Parkway.  Perfect timing.  We rode with a couple other guys for 30 minutes and looped back to Andy Brown Park to join up with the DA group.  I saw a few friendly faces there and we took off.  The DA ride was heading out towards the whitehouse in Argyle so we broke off from them at the end of Lakeside and headed for the dam.  Doug went with us.  I call Doug the Ghost.  He is really, really fast. Sometimes he hammers down and just goes out of sight.  Next thing you know, he is right in your back pocket.  I don't know how he does it.  I think I did a pretty good job of keeping pace with them.  I was fading a little bit towards the end.  Jeff broke off after about 3 hours but I rode with Doug for another half hour before turning around and heading home.  I ended up doing 74 miles in four hours and twelve minutes.  I hit the 56 mile mark at around three hours and nine minutes.  Not too bad.  I'm not sure that pace is smart for a half ironman but I'm definitely getting faster.  Good times today.  The weather was really nice this morning.  It got a little windy towards the end of the ride but it was a great morning.  I feel pretty ready for the race next weekend and I'm looking forward to it.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/324669414

No comments:

Post a Comment