Ironman Boulder

Sunday, June 2, 2013

6.2.13 Trail Run

We were able to get the band back together for our trail run today.  Rich and Joe were back from Jemez and Fred joined us for a portion of the run today.  It was good to run with everybody again.  My plan was for a slow and steady 80 minutes today.  We ran down Simmons to the guard shack and then headed towards Rockledge until we hit about 40 minutes for the turnaround.  I like that end of the trail.  I did a pretty good job of staying at a very comfortable pace.  It was hard to not push the pace.  At the very end, Rich wanted to go hard for about a half mile or so.  We sprinted for about 4 minutes.  I figured that would be ok.  We had some breakfast at Rich's house and jumped in the pool.  The water is still kind of cool but it felt good after a warm run.  I'm pretty sure I am going to get a pretty tough week from Jeff this week and a taper the next week before the Pflugerville sprint.  I'm looking forward to the race.  I will have my new wheels.  I'm about 4 weeks out from Ironman Buffalo Springs.  It is coming pretty fast but I have been so busy there hasn't been a lot of time to worry about it.  That's probably a good thing.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/321711290

No comments:

Post a Comment