Ironman Boulder

Thursday, June 13, 2013

6.13.13 Taper Tempo Run

Short four mile tempo run today.  I have had a couple of hard build weeks and taper weeks always leave me feeling a little strange.  Today was no exception.  It always takes me a little time to get warmed up and four miles is about where I get dialed in and start maintaining a good pace on a usual 8 mile tempo run.  Today, it was two miles out and turnaround for home.  I used the route through a neighborhood across MacArthur from our house.  There a few hills.  Nothing major but it's not dead flat like running in the park.  Why not throw a little something extra in today.  I ran a warm up mile, two zone 3 miles (which means around 9 minute pace) with 3 interations of 30 second sprints sprinkled in, and a cool down mile.  The cool down mile is basically the same pace.  It's hard to slow down at that point.  My body is getting a little sluggish, which is typical for a taper week.  It's almost as if the lack of work makes me more tired than putting the hammer down.  A couple more days of light work and Lake Pflugerville awaits.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/327162307

No comments:

Post a Comment