Ironman Boulder

Thursday, June 6, 2013

6.6.13 Thursday Tempo Run

This used to be my least favorite workout of the week last summer.  I was quickly reminded why this morning.  I awoke to sound of thunder.  The rain wasn't supposed to come until later in the morning.  After taking a quick peek outside, it didn't look too bad.  The TV weather girl showed a radar that looked promising for the next hour so I geared up and got ready to go.  The thunder was still cracking to the south and it was a little dark to the west but I figured to just get going and let the chips fall where they may.  I have been through a series of pretty tough workouts for the past week or so.  I didn't feel too bad to start but as soon as I tried to get into half marathon pace, I knew this was going to be a rough day.  The workout called for a warm up mile, 2 half marathon miles, 2x ( 2 minutes at 5k pace followed by 2 minutes of recovery), 2 half marathon miles, and a cool down mile.  The 5k intervals were very tough today and probably ran them at around 7:25 pace which is a little off.  The half marathon miles after the 5k intervals were fairly grueling today.  I just didn't have it.  Maybe it was the fast ride yesterday afternoon, I don't know.  The rain held off but it was damn near 100% humidity.  It's hard to gauge all of these factors but something to keep up with.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/323751328

No comments:

Post a Comment