Ironman Boulder

Monday, June 24, 2013

6.24.13 Swim

I decided to forgo the usual swim drill workout and just do the distance today.  I needed to know what it was like to put in 2500 yards without stopping to get a gut check on how I would feel with the distance.  Open water is completely different mentally and with the full contact in the water, more stressful to be exact.  It's my preference to go through the distance to calm my mind.  Things have been stressful at work so I need some inner peace going into this on Sunday.  I felt pretty good in the water today.  Saw a couple of the regulars today and they wished me good luck if they didn't see me again before the race.  I'm getting a little more anxious every day.  I would ideally like to get a chance to swim at the race site but don't know if that will be possible.  They are having races on Saturday so I'm not sure the course will be open.  The weather looks to be hotter every time I look at the forecast.  A cold front is coming through but it may be two days too late.  Unfortunate, the highs are going to dip into the 80s for the 4th of July.  Bummer.  I'm waiting for my workouts this week from Jeff.  Should be fairly light work load the rest of the way.  I'm leaving on Friday so there won't be too much I can do between now and the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment