Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

6.5.13 Swim/Bike

It's Wednesday double day.  I swam this morning at the CARC.  Lots of kickboard work this morning.  It took me the whole hour to get through 2400 yards.  I felt pretty good today in the water.  I seem to deal with a little fatigue through the first few hundred yards and then settle in.  I had this problem last year and it subsided halfway through the summer.  This afternoon I rode my bike to the lake and back.  I was fast today.  I mean really fast, at least for me.  The new wheels and cassette were a really good combination.  I averaged 18.5mph with stops and starts.  I set a new PR to the lake.  I was at the turnaround in a little over 41 minutes which is at least a minute faster than my previous best.  Love the new config on my bike.  I'm really excited about the race in a few weeks.  I should be faster than the first race in the series.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/323552681

No comments:

Post a Comment