Ironman Boulder

Friday, June 28, 2013

6.28.13 Getaway Day

My plan for today was a 20 minute swim and rest.  I slept until 7am this morning.  I don't know the last time I slept that late.  It felt good.  I decided to just swim flat out for 20 minutes at a fairly consistent pace.  I was able to get at least 1100 yards in (I find it really hard to keep count for longer distances) for the 20 minutes and felt really good.  Maybe it was the extra sleep.  My rheumatologist gave me some antibiotic to help fight a possible sinus infection.  It may have been what was bothering me two weeks ago in Austin.  I am starting to feel a little better.  Hopefully, everything is coming together.  I am going to REI to pick up some nutrition on the way home from work at noon.  My wife and I are going to take off a little later this afternoon but hopefully we can miss rush hour and get passed Ft. Worth before the traffic gets bad.  The ironman.com site will have live coverage during the race so I can be tracked on Sunday there.

No comments:

Post a Comment