Ironman Boulder

Friday, June 14, 2013

6.14.13 Triathlon Gauntlet Begins

"See, there was a full crowd scene at the food machines."  - Jeff Spicoli

The pool was crazy this morning.  I have never seen that many people there.  I literally waited 20 minutes just to share a lane with someone.  I don't know if it is early summer and everyone wants to swim or what.  You figure at 6am people the only people wanting to swim are the hard core lap swimmers.  I only needed 30 minutes for a taper today and that is all I really wanted.  What a zoo!

...so this weekend begins a very busy race calendar for the next month and a half or so.  Lake Pflugerville is on Sunday, Ironman Buffalo Springs in on June 30, Couples Tri is on July 14, and Jacks Generic Olympic is on August 4.  That's like four races in the next seven weeks.  I'm not sure how I will get any build work in but Jeff and I will figure something out.  Plus, my wife and I are going to Mexico at the end of July for about a week.  This is going to be quite a run, literally.  Joe is coming to Lubbock to run the half marathon as part of a relay team Jeff organized for Buffalo Springs.  It will be good to have some more friendly faces out there.  I hope this isn't too much and I come out of it in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment