Ironman Boulder

Thursday, June 27, 2013

6.27.13 Taper Tempo Run

I purposefully waited until after work to run tonight.  I wanted to get some work in the heat tonight.  I was only going an easy 3 miles with four hard 20 second intervals.  It was right at 100 degrees when I took off for the run.  The heat is a factor.  It just saps your energy.  If you can manage to stay cool, it isn't bad at all.  I have decided to take my fuel belt for the sole purpose of pouring water on me between aid stations.  It's the best way for me to stay cool.  I should have plenty of opportunity to drink and get some gel in me at each aid station.  They usually have an aid station every mile for the run.  The weather is looking favorable at the moment.  The high on Sunday is going to be right around 90.  That would be amazing for the last day of June.  We leave for Lubbock tomorrow afternoon.  On Saturday, Jeff is going to go over the course with me.  We'll probably drive the course and may ride a section.  I would like to take a quick swim in the lake to get a feel for the water.  I have a 20 minute swim planned for tomorrow and then pack up and leave.  It's probably about 5-6 hours to Lubbock.  I'll try to get a good nights sleep, check out the expo and get my packet.  Should be fun.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/334199821

No comments:

Post a Comment