Ironman Boulder

Thursday, June 20, 2013

6.20.13 Tough Tempo Run

I spoke to Jeff yesterday to check in and let him know how I was feeling.  He didn't want to give me a workout for today until he had a chance to assess where I was.  This is probably the last really tough workout until Ironman Buffalo Springs.  It was a beast today.  Didn't seem too bad from outside looking in but it was hard.  The plan was for 2 warm up miles, 1 mile at 7:40-7:50 pace, 2 minutes at 7:15-7:20 pace, 1 mile at 8:30 pace, 2 minutes at 7:15-7:20 pace, and 2 cool down miles.  When I got into the heart of this it was really tough.  My first fast mile was on a slow uphill climb on Parkway.  I had to stop for just a second before hitting the fast 2 minute interval.  After that, I had to stop again for a second before starting the 8:30 mile.  My legs were burning from the speed.  I took a 6 mile route I use and had to add on a mile in the park to get the full workout in.  I was tapped out.  I need a good nights sleep tonight.  I sent Jeff an email and thanked him for kicking my ass today.  He says it's all downhill from here to Buffalo Springs.  I saw my neighbor Justin last night when I got home and may ride with him on Saturday morning at 5:30am.  That will work for me and I can get done early.  Can't wait to get some sleep.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/330761829

No comments:

Post a Comment